When trying to create an Exchange mailbox for a an existing Active Directory account, you may not be able to locate the AD account on the Exchange Server. However, when you check for the AD account in Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, you will be able to locate the same user account.
You might wonder whats wrong at this point ?? The issue is because your AD account is corrupted and you might have to remove the Exchange attributes associated with the corresponding AD account to resolve the issue. Rather than wasting your time searching for the attributes and removing them we can use a script to quickly remove the same:
The below steps can help you resolve the issues :-
- Download the script RemoveExchangeattributes.zip from here – https://app.box.com/s/pbaeqydhpakkfk52gkq9
- Place the script in the C: drive of your Exchange Server.
- Now execute the script as shown below. Keep note of your AD account alias as it will be asked in order to proceed
- All the mailbox settings of the user will be removed after performing the above steps
- For those of you who needs to understand whats happening in the background – the following attributes are set to “null” when the above script is executed :